Tuesday, December 2, 2008

White Rock lake

Managed to make it on to the trail tonight for a shorter run after work. 4.5 ish miles - 'ish' because although google-ped now manages turns nicely, it insists you stay on the street when mapping and I was on the paved trail that kinda sorta follows street and lake shore.

It's already completely dark here at 6:15. Beautiful crescent moon, light wind, 59 degrees. Sometimes Texas ain't so bad.

Didn't meet many other people out. I'll be whining tomorrow because I truly hate running on the road. Much to the dismay of my already tired legs, I jogged up the Loving Hill, which is an actual 'real' hill in Dallas, hard as that is to believe. I've had some difficulties riding my bike up it before and I'm stoked I actually jogged up the thing.

So then I sneaked into the apt complex next door and stood in their freakin' cold pool for about 15 minutes. Curious about my legs and shins. Are they so fatigued because it is the road or because it's some road 2 days in a row? What a wienie.

~sigh~ It sucks to not be 25 anymore...

PS - I wish those wanks next door would step up and actually have a "HOT" tub instead of a barely lukewarm one.

No comments:

Post a Comment