Monday, January 12, 2009

Hurts SO Good

Back from Bandera, which ranks in my top ten coolest places EVER. Hill Country is so awesome.

Ran the 50K there in 8:17. Not blazing by ANY stretch of the imagination, but not bad for an old lady. Its a good hour faster than my best expectations. Note to self: Maybe you oughta do yourself a favor and train better.

I'm pretty sore today in the quads, but it'll pass. :)

It was great! The weather was good; sunny and chilly enough for me to keep my long sleeve on through the day but it was windy as hell off and on all day. It was getting pretty chilly by time the last in our group finished. I felt for the 100K people - think it got cold before they got done.

It was our groups 5th year to attend this race and we added several newbies to trail running. They all did a fantastic job - jerry finished the 25K in 3:02, Rick in 3:15, Evan in 3:20 - and nobody got hurt. Bonus!

I saw parts of the park that I have never seen before. And I re-visited some freaking huge hills. I somehow always forget year to year how big the Big Nasty really is... I'll post a few pics later.

Next up - Rocky Raccoon 50 Miler Feb 7th

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to the ultra world! But if you think the Big Nasty is a tough hill, you have another thing commin' once you move to Colorado.

    Thinking of doing Cactus Rose in October, I have some unfinished business there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats!!! That's awesome. Great way to jump start into running these. haha, maybe training a little better will help. ;)

    ReplyDelete