Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Beer biscuits for dinner

Quickie run last night at the lake. After 6 and dark by the time I got out of the house. Less than 100 yards out the back of my complex, down the leaf pile - nice - across the old railroad right of way, over the trestle and I'm on the paved Lake trail.

The wind beat the crap out of me on the way across the dam section and got worse when I turned the corner. 50 degrees when I stepped out.

2ish miles around to meet my friend Ginny, who walked out the back of her complex, then we jogged over to Barbec's to eat. Greasy spoon all the way, complete with counter, stools and wood paneling. Famous for their Beer Biscuits. Their t-shirts claim "The only respectable way to enjoy beer in the morning." I personally don't believe that, but I'll bet the nursing home crowd that lives behind it thinks it's pretty funny- and I don't claim to be 'respectable', either.

I love places where they still serve open-faced roast beef sandwiches and you can get breakfast all day. Cash or checks only hahahaaa!

Dumped Ginny off and did my 2ish miles back 8 minutes faster. Had me a little wind push :) Temp had dropped to 43 by the time I got back home.

Despite the wind and it was a bit chilly, the view of downtown over the lake was way cool. Pretty moon and stars, no cloud cover yet. One of the few times I actually enjoy looking at Dallas is when I'm out after dark and I don't have to really see the rest of it.

1 comment: