Monday, January 26, 2009

Ewwww.

I started out to have a nice easy run at Buckner park last Wed. 21st. Great weather, 65ish and a little windy. I was having a really great time following the trails around on the inside loop, following a few that were less traveled and leaf covered, and I had these to myself.

I was following smaller and smaller arms off the original trail, dodging branches, having fun, when I ran across a dip, looked up and not 15 feet in front of me is some guy....uh.... abusing himself.

What the HELL? It's really hard to put on the brakes on leaves. I can't believe I didn't yell out "Shit!" or something supremely stupid like that. I'm sure I turned around in mid air. Zoomed back out the way I came, past all the trash and some red spray painted symbol on a tree that should have tipped me off in the first place.

Hauled ass up the hill to get out of there. Land speed record, here I come. Didn't even look back until I was at the street bordering the park. I swear I heard something behind me several times, but he was a pretty chunky square built guy, and I really doubt he could have caught me. I was in save myself mode. 'Sides, he would have been tired. He was putting lot of effort into his little rendezvous with Rosie.

Of course I didn't have the pepper spray that Jerry gave me with me.

I only managed another 1.5 miles, then quit. I kept expecting the guy to walk out of one of the trails on the perimeter of the woods.

As Cartman would say, "Okay, that does it. Screw you guys; I'm going home."

3 comments:

  1. Damn, a guy can't even jerk off in the woods without a gal bothering him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice. nothing like good incentive to get you moving faster. hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad you didn't up as a story on the news! That is freaky.

    ReplyDelete