Wednesday, March 11, 2009

And now for something completely different...

From a very dear old friend. Thank you so much for sharing, King Robert, and much love to you.

Hammered

Emotions hammer my heart like a maul
Wondering who I could call
Tears aren’t so bad when they leak from your eye
I just hate it when snot comes nigh

How can you love someone so well that they wanna leave?
What do you do when the thought of food makes ya heave?
Nothing really matters when your life is in tatters
It’s kinda like a baseball team with no batters

Did ya ever just wonder how the hell you survive?
With all life’s problems Id rather have hives
Could ya just throw me a bone here and leave me alone
I think sometimes that love is a horrid thing to atone

When love flows and wraps you in mirth
You can see with incredible worth
Watch what happens when it’s squeezed from within
That’s when the cataracts really begin

I know I know you shouldn’t write from the pit of hell
But what else can you do when you’re cowering in your shell
If the sun is shining I don’t wanna know
Just keep telling me life doesn’t blow

I know I know you’re just trying to help
What did you say this vitamin was something with kelp?
Its ok just hold my hand.
And let me know that you sorta understand.

2 comments: