Monday, January 27, 2014

March Fourth, A Black Sky and A Barker

Great partial weekend hanging out with the Kiwi ~ Thursday night saw March Fourth at the BlueBird ~ Always so much fun to see them! Before that though, I popped his Sancho's Cherry and because I'm insensitive to virgin's needs, popped it again at the PS Lounge. Good stuff... I'm pretty sure he isn't as appreciative of  Sanchos as the rest of us are, but no matter. I love it enough for 10 people.


Finally got out of the Kiwi shack mid-afternoon Friday and hit the Breakfast King, where I ate my body wight in ham and eggs and coffee, then off to Black Sky Brewing.
Had the Demon Seed IPA ~ tasty!  Good beer and I'd like to try some of the others but I think I can only hang for a pint or a quickie sampler, just because of the music. Pretty sure I'll get hated on for that, but heavier metal is just not my thing for more than short periods. Any longer than a pint and I'm pretty sure I would ripped off the Kiwi's head with my bare hands and tried to brew beer with the arterial flow. Headed 4 blocks away to the Breckenridge brewery - my first visit to the actual brewery and tap room. Cool place.  Back towards Black Sky, because across the street is THIS and You Know I MUST go in There:
Awesome! Divey little bar (my favorite kind) with somewhat of a Hollywood theme inside and a predominately alternative lifestyle crowd. My first clue is the MANnequin dressed up in hollywood cowboy duds with lots of bling, then the Drama Queen blvd sign hanging over the bar. The light over the pool table is a Giant block of ice with a Miller High Life bottle encased in it. Cool little place. Gin & tonic and a 16oz craft beer $8... met the owner, cool dude who chatted for a while, introduced us to the bartender, then went behind the bar and started doing dishes. AND doggie-friendly. Definitely warrants a return visit...

Stopped off at the Rocky Flats Lounge on the way back to Eldorado Springs for a $2.25 PBR and cheese curds and to listen to the locals shoot the shit, one of whom had his pet chain saw parked on the end of the Bar. Love it.



No comments:

Post a Comment