Monday, December 7, 2009

Rock Canyon Half Marathon

Went to Pueblo this past Saturday with brownie, katie and BLOS to run the half marathon. There were a lot of hashers there as well. The few that didn't run had a beer stop for us right before mile 13. Awesomeness!

The beer stop, NOT the run. The run sucked. Well...I sucked. The course wasn't that bad; no real hills, although there was a good bit of concrete and I guess I'm never gonna stop whining about having to run on that kind of surface. Out and back course, some dirt trail/road, some road, some concrete hike and bike trail, along the river, past the zoo, and through a portion of the canyon. Very pretty in the canyon portions and along the river, but I felt so crappy that it was really hard for me to pay attention to it.

There was never a time during the race that I felt good. Sluggish, lethargic, even my arms just felt heavy. Never got my breathing under control, stomach felt weird and about mile 9 mile my right calf started bitching at me, something I noticed in Tulsa as well. Blegh.

AND It was fricking cold. That didn't keep me from enjoying that PBR cup when I got to the beer stop, although I thought I was gonna throw it up before I finally jogged across the finish line. 2:27.... weeeeak. And I lost the bet I had with brownie; if I ran a sub 2:00 he had to eat a whole sweet potato. Since I failed miserably, I have to craft this gastronomic monstrosity.

I say I did it for the people; there was a whole lot more interest in the bacon log than seeing wanker eat a vegetable. That's my story and I'm sticking with it.

I hope katie has renter's insurance; he could very well destroy her toilet when that gut bomb hits bottom.

No comments:

Post a Comment